Spring has certainly taken it’s time showing up in Northern Virginia this year! Let’s hope it sticks around for a bit before the heat of summer sets in. As always, I wanted to provide you with a helpful list of seasonal home maintenance tips. Have you gotten the Spring cleaning bug yet? This list will help you determine where to start of what is most important at this time of year:
– Inspect roof for damage or missing shingles due to Winter weather, repair as needed.
– Check window screens for damage or dirt; repair or wash as needed.
– Clear gutters and downspouts of leaves and debris that may have been missed during Winter maintenance.
– Inspect foundation around house to check for any cracks and repair as needed.
– Check on tools/lawnmower to clean/repair as needed.
– Turn outdoor faucets back on.
– Trim bushes when there is no longer a risk of freezing temps/frost; clean garden beds of debris.
– Plant new trees/bushes/flowers, fertilize gardens, add mulch if desired.
– Trim tree branches that might be too close to house or gutters.
– Clean windows inside and outside.
– Clean fan blades that have gathered dust during Winter months.
– Clean air duct grills and replace HVAC filter.
– Schedule HVAC maintenance to ensure air conditioning is ready for warmer days in June.
– Check attic to look for any roof leaks from Winter snows and Spring rains.
– Check smoke alarms and replace batteries as needed.
If you need any referrals for home maintenance care this Spring give me a call 202-359-2483! I will connect you to professionals I trust to help keep your house in top shape.