Wait, were the meteorologists right? We actually got a good amount of the beautiful white stuff on the ground! A while back I asked for suggestions on Nextdoor for some of the best sledding hills and got a bunch of great responses. For those looking to take the kiddos sledding or for the big kid in all of us, here are some suggestions. Have fun (at your own risk) and stay safe!
- Pinecrest Golf Course
- 3412 Monarch Lane – It’s a part of a community green space with a great long run.
- NOVA community college by the soccer field (by the NVCC Educational Foundation)
- Van Dyck Park – Hill is wide and long
- Old Creek Elementary – Just past parking lot on right of school
- Poe Middle School – Cindy Lane, Annandale
- Columbia Elementary – Big hill behind the school
Around the Area
- Alexandria – Masonic Temple (some of the steepest hills and as a bonus they overlook Old Town!)
- Arlington — Superman Hill in the Nauck neighborhood.
- Burke, Lake Braddock
- Falls Church – RoundTree Park (Casilear Road)
- Springfield, Huntsman Lake
- Sterling – Algonkin Elementary – Sterling
- Washington DC – Battery Kemble Park – many say this place has the best sledding in the DC
- Washington DC – Capitol Hill – send a fun pic to the grandparents with a backdrop of the Capitol!
Be safe out there! One of my good friends went sledding in December and hit a rock and suffered serious injuries. So take care of yourself and have fun. Post pictures or suggestions for other sledding hills!